Here's a little different take on setting New Year's resolutions...
Breathe in, sigh it out.
* Take a moment (or maybe a few) to be grateful for what is going right in your life no matter how small and insignificant it may seem.
* Make a list of what is MOST important to you in life.
* Develop a vision of your best self that incorporates those things you value most.
* Take a look at what the gap is between where you are now and where you want to be.
* Choose the area or areas you want to work on. Begin with those things you feel most motivated to do.
* Pick goals that you feel confident you can succeed at. Start small, be specific, leave yourself lots of room to succeed. Success breeds success.
We often have the tendency as the new year begins to want to take giant leaps, leaps that leave us vulnerable to big falls and failed attempts. There is more certainty of arriving at our destination by taking one small, realistic step at a time.
The time has come... Get started.